Email: Rits4Friends gmail com
Ritesh_A_Shah <at> yahoo <dot> com
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shahritesha
I am DBA Manager specializing in SQL-Server programming & Performance Tuning, C# programming over10+ years of hands on experience. I have strong programming logic with zest to learn new technologies. I am communicative enthusiastic team player and dedicated individual. I have worked as an individual as well as team player and have provided leadership to technical team also. I have handled big out sourced project and have worked onsite either.
I have learned a lot from online IT community and now thought to return it back to the community by sharing the knowledge I have gained with years of experience, that is the reason which forced me to start writing technology article at my blog at http://www.sqlhub.com and http://blog.Extreme-Advice.com Apart from blogging I used to help people in online forums like Experts-Exchange.com, forums.Asp.net, MSDN etc.
ASP (classic ASP 3.0)
.NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.5
DBA Manager – June-12 to Present
Leading Health Care Company (Ahmedabad – India)
Prime responsibilities are as follows:
– Responsible for database monitoring on production servers.
– Manage and create replication
– Manage and create mirroring as per needs
– Creating SSIS packages for business needs
– Creating & maintaining distributed system by Service Broker
– Responsible for logical and physical design towards application and database tuning.
– Major Activities include advanced performance tuning, database design, capacity planning.
– Establishing standards for SQL installations, maintenance, tuning, and coding standards
– Established and wrote Performance Tuning guidelines to enhance quality of product.
– Maintain performance of databases using advanced tuning methods and customized scripts.
– Redesigned a thorough backup and recovery strategy for all major production systems.
– Efficiently handling team of DBA.
Consultant Database Administrator/Developer and Project Manager – May-06 to May-12
Leading Environmental Industry’s KPO unit (Ahmedabad – India)
– Designed and implemented n-tier architecture for in house software.
– Designed and implemented complex database architecture.
– Provided leadership to employees for web-site production.
– Helped in maintaining network at both the offices India and USA.
– Implemented and installed hardware firewall (Sonic hardware firewall)
Onsite software and database deployment with training – Apr-07 to Sep-07
Leading Environmental Laboratory – NJ, USA
– Setup physical network for in house software and database.
– Deploy and configure software
– Setup database server and deploy database
– Provided training to operate software
Team Leader and Sr. hosting support executive – Aug-04 to Jul-05
Leading Web hosting company, Rajkot, India
– Provided leadership to Jr. hosting support executive to resolve hosting related issue in Windows as well as Linux server.
– Developed hosting related software
– Designed and Developed control panel for hosting client and reseller.
– Handled database server and web server of hosting company.
– Designed and implemented backup and restore policy of data as well as web server.
Computer Faculty – Jan-01 to Apr-04
Leading Computer institute of India
– Coached 400 + engineering students.
– Handled many technical seminar
‘O’ Level from DOEACC (Business Systems) – B+ grade
DOEACC Society, New Delhi, India. 2004
CIC from IGNOU (Information Technology) – B Grade
Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi, India. 2000
Bachelor of Commerce (Account / Economics) – Second Class
Saurashtra University, Rajkot, India. 2000
List of professional certificate achieved:
Aptech Certified Trainer (OOPS) – Apr-04
Aptech Certified Trainer (HTML/DHTML and Client side scripting) – Apr-04
Aptech Certified Trainer (Web-design and publishing) – Sep-04
Aptech Certified Trainer (C / C++) – Apr-04