Add table in transactional replication from script in SQL Server
I have already written many articles to cover different area of replication. Few days back I have written how to add articles (Table, View, SP etc.) into replication from GUI but today I am going to explain how can we insert table by script in already established transactional replication. I will be using the same transactional replication I have set up earlier.
USE AdventureWorks2012 GO DECLARE @TableName VARCHAR(25) DECLARE @SchemaName VARCHAR(25) DECLARE @PublisherName VARCHAR(25) SET @TableName='Department' SET @SchemaName='HumanResources' SET @PublisherName='AdventureWorksPublisher' exec sp_addarticle @publication = @PublisherName, @article = @TableName, @source_owner = @SchemaName, @source_object = @TableName, @type = N'logbased', @description = null, @creation_script = null, @pre_creation_cmd = N'drop', @schema_option = 0x000000000803509F, @identityrangemanagementoption = N'manual', @destination_table = @TableName, @destination_owner = @SchemaName, @force_invalidate_snapshot=1 GO
Some more replication related articles:
- Understanding Replication with implementation of Snapshot replication in SQL Server 2012 (Click Here)
- Remove Replication from SQL Server 2012 (Click Here)
- Error Fix – Cannot execute as the database principal(Click Here)
- Setup Transaction Replication in SQL Server 2012 (Click Here)
- Add new article in transactional replication in SQL Server 2012 (Click Here)
- Delete article from transactional replication in SQL Server 2012 (Click Here)
- Find highest latency in transactional replication in SQL Server 2012 (Click Here)
- Be familiar with important terms of replication in SQL Server (Click Here)
- Find Object participated in replication (Click Here)
Reference: Ritesh Shah
Note: Microsoft Books online is a default reference of all articles.